Clarification of the funding, governing authority, ownership and reporting line for the day to day running of the Sri Sathya Sai Pothepalli Hospital, Andhra Pradesh (AP), India.
- Under the guidance of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, Heart Valve Bank is the financier of the hospital.
- The hospital is 100% owned by the Sri Sathya Sai Organisation (SSSO) AP – this includes the land and infrastructure.
- SSSO AP are fully responsible for the maintenance and day to day running of the hospital, including salary, staff management and all licensing and regulatory requirements.
- Management staff in the Pothepalli hospital are responsible to report directly to the SSSO AP.
- SSSO AP is responsible for providing detailed reporting to Heart Valve Bank for regulatory documentation Heart Valve Bank is required to provide to the UK Charities Commission and other financial regulatory bodies.
- Heart Valve Bank will continue to support and work in partnership with the SSSO AP to ensure successful day to day running of the hospital, as directed by Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba.
Heart Valve Bank would like to thank Mr Kishoore Chelikani and his family for their vital part in establishing, reporting and strategic activities demanded of the hospital. Without their support and others, the Hospital would have faced many more challenges.
We are grateful to Bhagawan, in welcoming the beginning of a new chapter, working with the SSSO AP in building on the foundations that Mr Chelikani and his family have built. This new partnership is vital for the sustained ongoing activity of this worthwhile project. Of note, Mr Chelikani does have other charitable interests in the Pothepalli area which Heart Valve Bank is not associated with and going forward, Mr Chelikani does not represent Heart Valve Bank in any capacity. All correspondences between Mr Chelikani and any member of the SSSO or Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust are to be viewed as personal requests.
We hope the contents of this email clarifies the position of Heart Valve Bank and its association with Pothepalli hospital and SSSO AP.
Sai Ram and Kind Regards,
Mukesh Patel, Lead Trustee
Heart Valve Bank